Terms & Conditions
Please read our terms and conditions carefully. In completing and submitting the booking form, you agree to be bound by these conditions, which constitute the agreement between Adventure Hub Nepal (AHN) and you. These conditions apply to the exclusion of any other terms or conditions unless they are set out in the booking form or are otherwise agreed to in writing by AHN.
To book your place for one of our exciting trips please click in book now and complete our booking form with your details and send via email scan:
Booking Terms and Conditions.
Your booking is with Adventure Hub Nepal (AHN), 10 Berkshire Street Doreen, 3754, Victoria, Australia.
To confirm your reservation AHN requires a deposit of 50% of the total trip cost at the time of booking to secure your reservation. The deposit is non-refundable, unless the trip is cancelled by AHN. We therefore recommend that you take out travel insurance. Full payment is required 60 days prior to departure date.
If the remaining balance is not received 60 days before the trip departure date, AHN reserves the right to cancel your booking and your deposit will be forfeited, unless any delay in your payment has been agreed by AHN.
Any late reservations made and accepted after the date for payment of the balance due (that is, after 60 days prior to departure date) the reservation may be secured by immediate payment of the deposit (50%) and the balance not later than 30 days after acceptance of your booking.
Amendments and Trip Cancellations
In all adventure activities, circumstances can arise which force us to alter dates, trip duration, transport schedules, or hotel accommodation before a trip starts. We will inform you of any such changes as soon as we know of them.
After assessing the conditions expected to be encountered on the trip, and/or the capabilities of the trip participants, our Trip Leaders may decide to alter any proposed plan. For example the proposed river(s), river section or trekking route if in the sole discretion of AHN, is believed to have become unsuitable and AHN believes that to continue with the published itinerary, or any subsequently agreed alternative, would place anyone at undue risk, then in such circumstances, AHN may alter any entry or exit point of any river or trekking point with a view to continuing the trip as near as reasonably possible to the published itinerary.
AHN accepts no responsibility for and shall not be liable to any client for the consequences of strikes, industrial action, riots, sickness, quarantine, government intervention, weather conditions, or any other event, which may impede, or lead to the cancellation of the proposed activities. In the event of civil unrest in a region, we undertake to inform participants of the situation as soon as we have any knowledge of it.
If Adventure Hub Nepal is prevented (directly or indirectly) from performing any of its obligations under this agreement by reason of act of God, strikes, trade disputes, breakdowns, interruption of transport, government or political action or omissions of a third party, or for any other cause whatsoever outside of AHN’s reasonable control, AHN will be under no liability whatsoever to you and may, at its option, by written notice to you either cancel the tour or take any other action as specified in this agreement or otherwise..
AHN has no obligation to provide a refund of any trip costs incurred by you in the event that a trip is re-scheduled, modified or cancelled for any of the reasons described above under the heading “Amendments and Trip Cancellations”, or below under the heading “Force Majeure”. However, AHN will provide a full refund in the event that a trip is cancelled by AHN because there are insufficient numbers booked to participate.
AHN will not refund any money you have already paid other than in the circumstances described in the paragraph above. However, where possible, AHN may arrange for you to join another trip at a discounted cost. If this were to occur, the trip will need to be paid for and participated in, in the same year as the original booked trip.
Adventure Hub Nepal will not refund any money you have already paid in whatever circumstance but AHN might be able to allow you to join another trip at half price. The trip will need to be paid for and participated in the same year as the original booked trip.
By making your booking with AHN, you acknowledge and agree that you have read and understood these Terms and Conditions, and agree to abide by them.
RISKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
AHN is committed to providing the best service which will give you a once in a life time experience on our trips. We take our responsibilities very seriously and aim to make your journey very smooth & pleasant. Please understand however, that the entire program in Nepal, Tibet and Bhutan is conducted strictly under the relevant country’s laws, rules and regulations. Therefore, AHN and its related partner organizations shall not be responsible for any changes in the itinerary due to unavoidable circumstance such as government restriction, landslide, road blockage, flood, snow, political unrest, cancellation of flight, delay, sickness or accident. Any extra cost incurred as a result of any of the above shall be borne by the clients.
You acknowledge and agree that:
• where AHN acts as a booking agent for third-party tour operators in Tibet and Bhutan we accept no responsibility or liability for the acts or omissions of third-party tour operators directly operating and managing the trip. AHN has no authority to direct any suppliers including hotel management to promise refunds in respect of such trips; and
• operational control of the tour may be in the hands of a third party and any right of action you may have in regard to any shortcomings of that third party’s performance is against that third party and AHN has no responsibility whatsoever for the acts or omissions of that third party; and
• AHN will not be liable for any breach of any law or regulation by any person with whom you travel on the tour; and
• this agreement constitutes the whole of the contract between you as the client and AHN and you may not rely on any representations concerning the tour made by AHN which are not contained in these conditions.
Assumption of risk
You acknowledge and agree that:
• by the very nature of adventure travel holidays and trekking holidays, they are more challenging and demanding with a commensurately higher level of risk compared with conventional holidays, and involve potential exposure to injury and possibly death;
• in the countries and regions in which adventure travel is undertaken, standards of accommodation, transport, health care, hygiene, safety and service provision generally are often not as high as those standards in your country of residence and may require exibility and patience on your part;
• the additional dangers and risks associated with adventure travel may include difficult and dangerous terrain; high altitude; extremes of weather, including sudden and unexpected changes; political instability; remoteness from normal medical services and from communications; and evacuation difficulties in the event of illness or injury;
• the enjoyment and excitement of adventure travel is derived in part from the inherent dangers and risks associated with adventure travel and that those inherent dangers and risks may be a reason why you wish to undertake the adventure tour, and
• you have submitted your booking for the tour after giving due consideration to relevant travel information including, without limitation, any relevant information or advice given by the governments of your country, and that it is your responsibility to acquaint yourself that information or advice.
For the above reasons you therefore accept the inherent and increased dangers and risks associated with the proposed adventure tour and the accompanying risk of injury, death or property damage or loss.
For all AHN holidays and adventure trips you MUST have comprehensive travel insurance, which we recommend you take out at the time of paying your trip deposit. Participants without adequate insurance cover will be asked to arrange cover immediately before commencing their holiday. This can be very difficult and expensive to arrange.
Your insurance policy MUST cover evacuation by helicopter and repatriation for the whole of the duration of the trip. If your insurance does not cover emergency evacuation, you will be personally liable to the helicopter operating company for the cost of evacuation and to for any costs or expenses incurred by AHN for arranging the evacuation.
The amount due to the helicopter company could amount to many thousands of US dollars. Passengers requiring emergency evacuation will be billed for this cost and required to pay for it prior to departing Kathmandu or the relevant point of exit, unless authorised by your travel Insurer. AHN will supply all necessary supporting documentation to enable you to make an insurance claim. Please remember that the obligation for payment of evacuation costs is your responsibility.
Your policy must cover you for the activities are listed on your itinerary, Whitewater Rafting, Whitewater Kayaking, Trekking, Mountain Biking, Yoga retreat, SUP Boarding and any other activities included in your trip, medical and evacuation expenses, lost luggage, search and helicopter rescue and repatriation. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are adequately insured for the entire duration of the trip for injury, loss or damage to personal items, accidents, health emergency evacuation and last minute cancellation of the trip by you.
Please check your policy carefully before leaving home and familiarize yourself with the procedures that you may need to follow in the unlikely event that you need to make a claim.
If you are covered by a policy arranged through your credit card company you will be ask to provide evidence of this cover, as well as a 24-hour emergency contact number. Many credit card companies do not provide an insurance policy number. In this instance, the tour leader will need to record your credit card number, as this is required to activate any request for emergency assistance. You should also bring along the travel insurance information booklet provided by your credit card company. It is your responsibility to ensure that you meet the requirements set out by your credit card company to be effectively covered and that the cover offered is of a suitable standard.
We suggest that you check with the following two insurance providers for your insurance needs:
AHN accepts participants of any age over 12 years. We may also accept participants under 12 years of age, but if we do so, it would only be under special circumstances agreed between AHN and the parents or guardian of the participant.
If you have any dietary requirements please make sure you tell the AHN staff and complete the dietary box clearly so we understand your requirements, which we will take all reasonable steps to meet.
MEDICAL CONDITION & HISTORY
Good health, mental and physical fitness are required on the all AHN Expeditions. If you have any medical conditions such as allergies (including food allergies), diabetes, epilepsy, asthma, heart conditions or are pregnant, you must advise us.
We recommend that everyone participating in a trip with AHN have a full health check with your local GP regarding your health and fitness before you travel. It’s the client’s responsibility to notify AHN of any pre-existing medical condition and/or disability which may result in an increase in the risk of the activity being under taken.
Vaccinations may be required for any trip. Please consult your doctor or a travel health specialist. The choice of vaccinations can depend on a range of issues including the specific area of the trip, your personal health and what vaccines you have had before.
Please check with http://www.traveldoctor.com.au or your GP.
ACCLIMATISATION TO HIGH ALTITUDES (GENERALLY FOR TRIPS OVER 3500 METRES)
We take this very seriously, which is why we have one of the best safety records on our trips. We have 20 years’ experience working in the field and ten years running trips to Nepal and our satisfaction and safety records on Rafting, kayaking, Trekking, Mountain Biking, Peak Climbing trips are of the very highest standard. Our itineraries always take a safety-first approach to all participant’s activities.
Our leaders are very highly experienced in rivers and mountain guiding. You must follow their instructions very carefully.
RELEASE AND DISCHARGE
To the extent permitted by law, by accepting the additional inherent dangers and risks associated with the tour, you release, waive and discharge all AHN representatives from all claims, actions or losses for personal injury or death, property damage, loss of services, loss of profits, consequential, exemplary, indirect or punitive damages or otherwise which may arise:
• out of or occur during your travel in connection with the tour or any activities conducted in conjunction with the tour unless caused by the reckless conduct of AHN representatives; or,
• in connection with any optional activities which you may undertake during the course of your tour but which do not comprise part of your tour itinerary and you accept that any assistance given to you by AHN representatives in arranging such optional activities will not render the Adventure Hub Nepal representatives liable to you in any way or form.
PASSPORT AND VISA
All clients must have a valid passport for at least 6 months. Nepalese visas can be obtained from the Nepalese Consulate in your home country or arrival in Kathmandu Airport. If you are planning on obtaining a visa on arrival in Kathmandu airport please note that you need two passport size photos, visa costs are your sole responsibility. For visa fees and requirements please check Nepal immigration website. http://www.nepalimmigration.gov.np
Visa for Bhutan and Tibet please check your home country consulate or embassy of those countries. AHN will be very happy to help and provide as much information as we can to assist you with your applications.