Visa Info

A valid passport and visa are required when visiting Nepal.

International Travellers may obtain visas prior to travel from an embassy of Nepal or upon arrival at Tribhuvan International airport in Kathmandu.

Single-entry visas or two-month, multiple-entry visas are available upon arrival. When you come on one of our expeditions a 60-day tourist visa will cover you for the duration. Remember you will need to provide two passport photos and the equivalent of US $65.

Visit the Embassy of Nepal website for the most up to date visa information. You can also obtain entry and exit information from the Nepalese Department of Immigration

There is also a departure tax which needs to be paid when leaving from Tribhuvan International Airport. All foreigners must pay an airport exit tax, regardless of the length of their stay.

150 days is the maximum amount of time a tourist can stay in Nepal in a calendar year.

Visa To Bhutan

The only document needed for your Bhutan Visa is a scanned copy of your passport with a minimum validity of 6 months prior to entering Bhutan. All Bhutan tourist visa has to be applied through a local tour operator which is in your case that will be Adventure Hub Nepal and on your behalf, we will apply for your Visa and as soon as it gets approved we will send you the approved Visa, a print out of which you will have to show at the Airport while boarding your flight to Paro, Bhutan.

Independent Travel to Bhutan

The Bhutanese government is reserved about allowing visitors into the country. Independent travelers to Bhutan is opening up but it's not something the government encourages right now. Generally, visitors to Bhutan must either be tourists, or guests of the government.

Visas and Travel Permits to Tibet 

Tibet is officially a province of China so you need a Chinese visa to enter China and Tibet. (Officially you also need a Tibet entry permit) If you are coming to Tibet through mainland China, you need to apply for your Chinese tourist visa before you arrive. Contact your local nearest Chinese consulate for visa application details. NOTE: When you fill in your application form it is recommended that you do not mention Tibet as some consulates have an unclear policy regarding travel to Tibet. Just put down Beijing or Chengdu as your itinerary and write down the hotel you will be staying at as your contact.

IMPORTANT: If you are planning to enter Tibet from Kathmandu DO NOT get your Chinese visa in advance. The Chinese visa is issued as a group visa in Kathmandu and is arranged by Adventure Hub Nepal along with your Tibet entry permit.

Tibet Entry Permit and specific travel permits if your itinerary takes you outside of the Lhasa prefecture. This permit is arrange in advance and will be couriered to your point of entry (usually your hotel). For Adventure Hub Nepal to arrange permits and visas (if coming through KTM) we need a digital copy (photo or scan) of your passport info page and your Chinese visa (if coming through mainland China) well in advance. As soon as you commit to your booking, please email your whole groups passports and visas image. (make sure the file is a jpg format readable on your screen but under 200kb please)

Independent Travel to Tibet

Independent travel is currently not allowed in Tibet. This situation may change in the near future but at this stage only groups fully booked in advance (with the correct permits) are allowed into Tibet.